Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Green Thumb



Anyone who knows me at all - knows I love gardening. Spring has finally sprung here and I wanted to teach Ivy about gardening, flowers and how a little tiny seed can sprout into a beautiful flower or even a delicious fruit or veggie. 

First we had to till the soil in the garden out front. I did the hard digging and she put her little gloves on and turned the soil around. She even found a few worms! ( of which she did *not* like! ) 

Dig, Dig, Dig!


After the soil was sufficiently turned and ready for us. I had a few already sprouting flowers. I placed the pots over the spot where they needed to be planted. I had Ivy dig a little hole with her hands for the plant. I took them out of the pot and had her push them down into the hole and cover it with dirt. We had a lot of flowers!

Planting!
 Finally, we had a few plants settled into the dirt. We each filled up a watering can and watered our new little sprouts.

Watering the flowers!

Now to watch them grow. <3

Love, 
Meg

1 comment: