Sunday, May 27, 2012

Friends to Family

                                 Friends to Family 


  "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile & who love you no matter what." 


     Isn't that the truth? I've seen this quote time and time again. It never ceases to make me smile. There's really quite a bit of truth in that statement. It goes both for Second Life and for Real Life. What does family mean for you? How does someone just 'become family'? Seems like an odd question to ask, most of the time I think it goes unspoken. It's felt in your heart. You'll know it when you feel it. Those moments when you can't stop laughing and have simply forgotten what you're even laughing at, when you need a listening ear yet they already know what's wrong and, when silence is comfortable. I could go on forever - but those for me are some of the things that speak to me. In a place like Second Life we are blessed with the ability to choose our family.
      I have been blessed with an amazing family in Second Life. I'm not sure I could have asked for better people to spend my time with on a daily basis. I have a daughter of whom I have known for nearly a year now. We've spent almost every day together (minus a few RL vacations, etc.) We've grown close over that year and I couldn't be happier where the road took us. Although, things have changed in SL for us many times; one thing hasn't - our bond. If anything, it's become even stronger. I'm so thankful I have her each and everyday. I treasure her as my daughter and my best friend. I'm thankful that even when SL is being a bugger, the internet is down, or the power is out ~ she is only a text or phone call away. You make me one happy Mommy ~ my little Ivy.
       A few weeks ago Ivy and I both received one of the sweetest messages along with a small drawing of us, her, a sun, animals in the clouds and two small check boxes that said "yes" and "no" above it the words "Miss Meg will you be my Aunty? Ivy will you be my cousin? Check "yes" or "no". We both squealed with joy! I of course said yes in a moments notice! She had been in my heart for quite some time and been my heart family for so long. It was such a beautiful moment to have made things 'official'. I was officially an Aunty for the first time! What an honor, I was so happy to have been asked!
I'm an Aunty! 

       Recently, I've been blessed with even more family. I have been honored to have a sister and another niece. I couldn't he happier to have more people in my life who truly mean the world to me. I hope you all know how much I adore you and treasure every day I get to spend with you.  The day after our hurricane storm Ivy and I thought we would surprise our friends Kara, and Giselle. We had been feeling as if they were family for a long time now. We've shared sims toegether since just after Christmas of this year. We've only continued to grow closer and closer. We decided that we would ask them to be family. I wrote Kara a letter, and Ivy drew them a picture. We then lined up some blocks and made it into our names, family and, love. We waited in their house for them to log in and see us..
Will you be ours?
    After a minute of tiny whispers between Kara and Giselle they both said on the count of 3.....YES!  We were all so incredibly happy! I now had a sister and a new niece! Finally what was in our hearts was made official!

Now that we were all family we needed new family portraits! Here are some of our new family photo's.

(Top L to R ) Giselle, Kara, Myself, Ivy and Darla
Myself and my little girl, Ivy
Adored ~ Hadlee Family
Kara & Giselle Adored ~ Meg Hadlee & Ivy Hadlee




                                               Thank you for stepping into our family!

Love, 
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment