Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trick or Treating 2012

                                           Trick or Treating 2012



For Halloween this year Ivy and I decided to dress up as Princess's. She dressed up all in pink with her tiara,  staff and little pink trick or treat bag. I, in my blue Cinderella gown.

Ivy was really excited to be able to go trick or treating this year. This was her first year really being able to understand be excited about it. I really treasure these young years where her excitement really shines. It's such a joy to be able to see her growing up so fast.. yet so heartbreaking at the same time. If she could only stay little forever.

Trick or Treating
Two Princess's!
Before we got into the car I had Ivy stand on the front porch so I could take.. probably far too many photo's of her before we left! After all of her questions were answered we were ready to get out on the road. We climbed up into the car and drove into town for a night filled with sugar! I even popped in our disney Princess cd in the car to inspire our best Princess mood! (attached song above!)                            
Trick or Treating
My tiny princess
Trick or Treating
Say Cheese!
Trick or Treating
Just a couple more
Trick or Treating
smiles!
Before we headed out we had to talk about wrapped candy, staying close to Mommy, and that there would be a lot of people and traffic out there on the roads.

Trick or Treating
Lots of safety rules
Trick or Treating
Packed up and ready to go! 
Trick or Treating
Singing out best disney songs!
Trick or Treating
Candy, Candy, Candy -- here we come!


 We arrived safely at the neighborhood, parked the car and got out. Ivy was a little nervous to walk up to her first house.. but she did it! She knew to ring the bell or knock on the door and then say.. "Trick or treat!"
Trick or Treating
Here goes nothin'!
Trick or Treating


Trick or Treating
Ivy did it! Her first trick or treat!
                                             The night was going along pretty well.. we went to so many houses and walked around the neighborhood. Ivy even remembered her manners with each and every house she went to.


Trick or Treating
Trick or Treat!
Trick or Treating
Trick or Treat!
Trick or Treating
Almost done! 
We went to about a dozen or so houses in the area. All had lovely things to say about our costumes and had wonderful candy! When we got to the end of the road we came upon this large house.. there was a man tossing a pumpkin in the yard and around the bend was a cemetery . we thought this was a bit scary for the night. We'd have enough ghosts and goblins to last us a while.. so we headed home with a giant bag of candy and one tired little princess.

Trick or Treating
House on the hill
Trick or Treating
We better not go in there..
When we arrived home I carried my little princess inside and set her down in the living room. She dumped her bag of candy out on the carpet and began to sort it all out. I had her pick out all of the candies without wrappers and give them to me. Ivy was very, very upset by this. She told me that she had worked so hard to get all of her candy - which was true. She did. She was so very brave in going out and saying trick or treat! I just couldn't risk her having open candy - so I picked them up and set them down on my dress while I watched her try to pick one out to eat.. she came down to not wanting any because she was mad at the candy for being open.

Trick or Treating
Ivy with her candy!
Trick or Treating
The opened candy.. boo :(


Ivy had decided to save her candy for later so I put it in the cupboard in the kitchen and carried her up to bed and got her in her jammies. We curled up in her little bed and I read her a new story. "Goodnight, my love"

She fell asleep before the story was even over.. my tired little princess.

Trick or Treating

Goodnight my little Princess ~ may you have the sweetest of dreams. Goodnight my princess

Love,
  Meg / Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment