Saturday, December 29, 2012

Farewell, Saddle Club

                   Farewell, Saddle Club


I am writing this post with a heavy heart. Last week on one of my routine checks at my barn I found something.. something I thought I'd never see ... a zombie..followed by.. a herd of zombies. I know, crazy right? Well.. it was just me the kids were at home with my sister. I had run to the barn for a quick turn in of the horses from the pasture and to be sure it was locked up for evening. Upon walking into the pasture I saw the front door open - which struck me as odd. As I walked closer I started to hear an odd sound. I laughed a bit to myself because I've been watching zombie shows lately. "It's not a zombie, you're watching too much TV.." I huffed as I flung open the large red door.. and to my surprise there was a whole herd of zombies sluiggishly limping in the barn. As luck would have it - the horses were fine and out in the pasture - untouched. I slammed the door shut and shoved a board in the handles to keep it closed, called my sister and told her the news. She dropped the phone with astonishment. I jumped into the jeep and drove home as fast as I could. Luckily, we had some old hunting rifles from our Father's collection. Lord knows if either of us knew HOW to use them..we'd figure it out. My sister had some old swords from her Husband's time spent abroad in the service. We gathered up the kids ( I know, I know.. we had no choice though) medicine,    weapons, bullets and anything else that we could prove useful and headed to the barn.


Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club


They were coming out now.. doors open.. time to kick some zombie butt!
Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club
Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club  Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Now.. that we've killed all of the zombies.. time to burn it down .. just in case. My little Ivy found a book of matches.. Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Thankfully we set it on fire.. looks like we missed a few.. Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club The walls began to shake and tremble under the hot flames and spoke.. we heard it. That loud snap.. and the barn broke. My heart was heavy for quite a while. Watching my barn burn. (Don't worry our horses were not there!) my riding school burning to the ground... it was hard. Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club Only remnants of past memories are left now.. Farewell, Serendipity Saddle Club

Memories will be kept nestled deep within my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment