Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New York City Vacation ~ Day 8 ~ Tragedy Strikes!


          New York City Vacation ~ Day 8
                            Tragedy Strikes


It's been a quiet day so far and we've already started to pack our bags. Our flight leaves in about 5 hours and I'm not sure any of us are really ready to leave. We all gathered around on some pillows on the floor and Maelie pulled out a few small purple trunks and handed them to Ivy, Kenzie and Giselle. 

As they opened I looked to Maelie and smiled, I knew what was inside. It's fast becoming a tradition...

"Mommy! LOOK! Mae got us dollies to match our trip! They have words like your sweatshirt. What is her name?" I read the birth certificate to her "Carrie" her name was Carrie and she was born in New York City!


New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 AFter the doll excitement died down some it was time.. time to pack. Ivy had NO intention of packing her bag or even leaving. (Now, if you remember in Paris -- she had a full on tantrum and cried for 20 minutes and got her head stuck in the banister...) I knew I was in for a treat. First, she ran and hid under the bed. (Please, disregard the over sized Daryl Dixon doll...) New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 I then had to chase her around the upstairs of the apartment. She hid behind the curtains, the room divider and under the bed once more. I finally caught up with her when she came out from behind the room divider. I scooped her up and she had been crying. This breaks my heart, I hate seeing her cry. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 Next.. I heard Corbin yell "MEG! We have a problem...um.. I broke the elevator." "SERIOUSLY?! That isn't funny, Corbin." I yelled down over the stairs and carried Ivy down with me. If he was serious.. I was going to kill him. Honestly, breaking the elevator 3 hours before we need to leave.. ugh, don't. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 I got downstairs and I saw the door was jammed and broken. He did it. He broke the dang door. "I pushed too many buttons.. and it jammed" I have threatened him to take it off his credit cards. Well, I went upstairs and at least tried to pack up Ivy's bags and then I heard yet another scream and a loud bang.. honestly? You've got to be kidding me... New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 I ran down the stairs and I heard Corbin yelling and Ivy crying. The fire escape had started to fall apart.. I don't know if it was rusting out or .. what. I don't know I can't even fathom how this even happened. I was screaming and crying at this point. I ran up the stairs faster than I think I'v ever moved in my life. I opened up the fire escape window and climbed onto the fire escape and grabbed Ivy in my arms. Then it moved.. the fire escape started to creak and move.. we were falling. I screamed out for my brother. "CORBIN! GET UP HERE! CORBIN! HELP!" He came running over the stairs and I held Ivy up above my head and he took her into the apartment. I kicked my feet up against the wall and he pulled on my arms to try to help me back inside. What a time that was.. I couldn't stop crying and just holding my baby. I guess we weren't leaving tonight after all. We're stuck. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 Well, we went back downstairs and tried to have another look at the door and try to figure out what to even do. I know I'd have to make some phone calls tonight to maintenance. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 Ivy sat with me while I called down to try and get a repair back up here and to reschedule my airline tickets. She made her own little calls. She called Italy and asked for some cupcakes to be delivered. She's so darn cute, even when I am angry , I can't be with her around. Unfortunately, we had also run out of food. We'd ate everything up due to the fact we were supposed to be leaving. So, why not order a pizza and some chinese food. I made a few calls.. and the delivery guy came up in the elevator and passed us our food through the crack in the door. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 New York City Vacation ~ Day 7 Our food was pretty filling and we all slept fairly soundly.. especially the two little angels, Ivy and Giselle on the loft space by the fishtank. Watching the fish and the rainfall outside.. New York City Vacation ~ Day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment